I. General provisions
1. These general rules of OutdoorKWAK s.r.o. competitions regulate the basic competition rules of competitions organized by OutdoorKWAK s.r.o., with registered office at Kunratice u Cvikova 349, 471 55 Kunratice u Cvikova, Czech Republic, ID No.: 09784781, registered in the Commercial Register kept at the Regional Court in Ústí nad Labem, Section C, Insert 46397 (hereinafter referred to as the "organizer").
2. If another co-organiser is mentioned in the detailed rules of the competition, then this co-organiser usually provides the prizes for the competition on its behalf and at its own expense and ensures their delivery and any claims.
3. Competitions are usually held in the Czech Republic.
4. Any natural person who accepts the rules of the competition and meets these terms and conditions set out in the detailed rules of the competition becomes a participant (contestant). Acceptance of these rules occurs when a person sends an answer to a competition question, submits an entry to the competition or otherwise clearly expresses his/her will to participate in the competition.
5. Contact details for the purposes of participation in the competition are set out in the detailed rules of the competition. In particular, the address for exercising data protection rights is email@example.com.
6. Unless otherwise stated in the detailed rules of the competition, the competition is open to natural persons with a delivery address in the Czech Republic over 15 years of age who are capable of exercising the necessary legal capacity; for competitions where the prize is alcoholic beverages, the minimum age is 18 years. Employees of the organiser and co-organiser and persons close to them are excluded from participation in the competition.
7. The Organiser is not required to keep entrants' enquiries and is under no obligation to answer any enquiries.
8. The organiser reserves the right to shorten, suspend or cancel the competition or change the rules. These will be notified to the participants by posting the relevant information on the competition website.
9. The Competition Organiser reserves the right to make final decisions in disputed cases at its sole discretion.
10. By entering the competition, all participants agree to abide by the rules of the competition.
II. Competition mechanism
1. The competition mechanism is set out in the detailed rules of the relevant competition or on the competition information page or published in the media to which the competition relates.
2. The competition is intended for ordinary participants, therefore the use of any automated systems for entering or voting in the competition (so-called robots) is prohibited. The Organiser reserves the right to exclude or disregard such entries to the extent determined by the Organiser in the event of suspicion of the use of an automated system.
3. The Organiser reserves the right to exclude, at its sole discretion, entries suspected of duplication or other manipulation.
4. Unless otherwise specified for a particular competition, winners are determined by a draw conducted by the Organiser.
5. For competitions that include a creative element, winners are selected by the committee according to the most original creative element submitted.
6. For competitions involving skill tasks, winners are selected on the basis of who best completes the task. If more than one participant completes a skill task equally, the final winner will be selected from those persons by lottery, unless otherwise specified for a particular contest.
7. For contests where the winner is decided by a reader/viewer vote, the person with the highest number of votes will be awarded the prize. In the event of a tie for the highest number of votes, the winner will be determined by a random drawing. For such contests, the Organizer reserves the right to shorten or change the previously announced voting period without further notice and to eliminate, at its sole discretion, votes suspected of duplication or other tampering.
III. Prizes and their delivery
1. The prizes in the Competition are set out in the detailed Competition rules or on the Competition information page or at the Competition announcement.
2. The winner will be notified of the prize by email or other appropriate means within 10 working days of the competition being announced. The prizes will be handed over to the winners by the organiser or co-organiser by delivery to the usual delivery address in the Czech Republic, which the winners will provide for this purpose. If the winner fails to provide such an address, he/she is obliged to collect the prize at his/her own expense at a place designated by the organiser within 60 days from the date on which such a place is communicated to him/her, otherwise the prize will be forfeited.
3. Prizes are stated gross. The winners are obliged to comply in due and timely manner with all obligations, in particular tax obligations, which arise under the law as a result of winning the prize. The winners acknowledge that the organiser/co-organiser is entitled to withhold the relevant withholding tax from the prize payout, unless the organiser/co-organiser expressly stipulates that it will pay this tax for the winner.
4. The exchange of prizes in kind for prize money is not possible.
5. The winners are not obliged to accept the prize; in this case the prize is forfeited. The prize will also be forfeited if the winner fails to comply with the conditions for the prize.
6. If a co-organiser provides prizes, they do so at their own responsibility and risk. Any claims relating to prizes must be made directly with the co-organiser.
IV. Personal rights and data protection
1. By participating in the competition, each participant acknowledges that the organiser of the competition is entitled to use his/her name, surname and, if applicable, likeness as a potential winner (e.g. from the prize handover) in its media in connection with the information about the competition and the promotion of competitions organised by the organiser.
2. In the case of competitions based on the principle of publishing entries of participants, the entries of all participants will be published, including their name, surname and, if applicable, other necessary data.
3. By submitting an entry to the competition, the participant confirms that:
- he/she is the author and the work is original,
- he/she is entitled to include in the entry the persons depicted or otherwise mentioned in the entry, i.e. in particular these persons have agreed, where their consent is required, to their inclusion in the entry,
- by publishing the entry to the extent provided for in the rules of the competition, the organiser will not incur any obligation towards third parties, nor will the copyright or other rights or legitimate interests of third parties (especially the right to protect the personality or reputation of third parties) be unjustifiably affected,
- the publication of the entry to the extent provided for in the competition rules will not violate generally binding legal regulations and good morals,
- any financial claims of third parties arising from the use of the entry (e.g. claims for remuneration for the taking and use of likenesses and images of individuals) have been satisfied as of the date of submission of the entry.
4. By submitting an entry to the competition, the participant grants the organiser a royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to use the entry in all its uses, without restriction and with the right to grant sub-licences. The entrant is not entitled to any reasonable additional remuneration. The license is granted for a worldwide territory, for the duration of the copyright ownership and without quantitative limitation. Within the scope of the use of the entry, the organiser is entitled to use it in whole or in part, not only in its original form (i.e. as submitted by the participant), but also in the form of an authorial or non-authorial work created by modifying and otherwise changing the entry, combining it with other authorial works as well as with text, images, photographs or sound of a non-authorial nature, including it in a collection of authorial and non-authorial works; for this purpose, the organiser is entitled to modify and otherwise change the work (entry).
5. The instructions on the processing of personal data in connection with the competition can be found here.
V. Exclusion of the participant from the competition
1. The participant is obliged to follow the instructions of the organiser in accordance with these rules. This also applies to the organiser's instructions regarding the winner's personal participation in the prize presentation. Otherwise, the organiser is entitled to exclude the participant from the competition. The Organiser is also entitled to exclude from the competition any participant who acts contrary to the content or meaning of these rules, fails to comply with the obligations set out herein, fails to meet the conditions of participation or acts contrary to the law or good morals.
2. The participant is obliged to provide the organiser with the information necessary for his/her identification (in particular name, surname, address, date of birth, telephone number, e-mail) and to notify the organiser of any changes without delay. If the participant does not provide the information according to the previous sentence, if he/she provides false information, if the participant cannot be contacted or identified on the basis of the information available in the country, the organiser is entitled to exclude the participant from the competition. The preceding sentences shall apply mutatis mutandis to the information necessary for the provision of the prize, including the bank account number if the prize is to be paid by wire transfer.
3. By being excluded from the competition, the participant loses the rights arising from participation in the competition and any prize, which is forfeited. If the organiser excludes a winner from the competition, it is not obliged to repeat the competition. The Organiser is not obliged to inform the participant of his/her exclusion from the competition; however, it will do so upon the participant's request.
4. If the Organiser discovers that a person who does not meet the conditions of participation or is excluded from participation in the competition is participating in the competition, the provisions of the preceding paragraph shall apply mutatis mutandis.
VI. Detailed rules of the competition
The provisions of the detailed rules of the respective competition shall prevail over these general rules.